Beach Haven West View from a BoatWhat amazes me about the Beach Haven West section of Manahawkin is the view from a boat. When you drive down the streets, you see well-manicured homes
Meatless Monday Couscous With Vegetables And Dried Apricots
Couscous with Vegetables and Dried Apricots
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, smashed
1 small green bell pepper, diced
1 medium carrot, diced
1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped (about 11/2 cups)
1 small zucchini, diced
1/2 small eggplant, diced
1 16 oz can of chickpeas
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
11/2 tsp garam masala
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup diced dried apricots
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
salt & pepper, taste
21/2 cups water
2 cups couscous
1. In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 mins. Add the garlic, pepper, and carrot and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add cauliflower, zucchini, and eggplant and cook for another 8 minutes.
3. Add chickpeas, spices, and wine, stirring to scrape up at caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile bring 21/2 cups of water to boil and add 2 cups couscous. Cover and remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
5. Combine veggies, apricots, pine nuts and couscous.
Pairs well with a crisp Riesling.
Your Vegan Realtor,
Latest Blog Posts
Seven members of the Environmental Committee of the Garden Club of LBI agreed to fight plastic straw pollution on a personal level by visiting 72 restaurants, diners, coffee shops and ice cream