There has been a considerable amount of real estate activity on Long Beach Island. The spring market is showing signs that homes are being listed and sold each day. Here is a link to a
Tis The Season For Thunderstorms
For those of you who live in New Jersey, the summertime brings everything from tourists, extreme heat, bugs, black and brown outs, and the greatest increase in Thunderstorms. Although thunderstorms can be fun and exciting, they can also be very dangerous. Here are a few safety tips on riding out the storms.
While at home:
- Stay off the phone
- Stay away from windows
- Use flashlights if the power goes out
- Discontinue use of phones and electrical equipment. You may also want to unplug appliances and computers.
- Avoid taking a shower or bath. If lightning strikes your house it may send a current of electricity across metal plumbing throughout the house.
- Turn off outside electronics. ie: Pool Filter, radios etc.
- Reduce your speed
- Pull off to the shoulder of the road. Be sure you're away from tall objects, such as trees, which could fall due to wind or lightning and do not clog highway underpasses.
- Turn on your emergency flashers
- Remain in the car until the storm passes
- Do not touch any metal objects in the car
- Avoid driving on roads covered by water
- Stay low
- If possible, find shelter in a building
- Keep away from trees, tall objects, metal objects and water
- Boaters and swimmer should get to land as a soon as possible
- If you're in a group caught outside, spread out.
- If you begin to feel your hair stand on end, this indicates lightning is about to strike. You should drop to your knees and bend forward placing your hands on your knees and crouch down. Do not lie flat on the ground, this will only make you a larger target.
Latest Blog Posts
Five Long Beach Island Real Estate Listing Agent Interview SuggestionsSelling Long Beach Island Real EstateSelling a home in the LBI real estate market is a significant financial transaction.